changing the console; alloca missing from 9021?

dcm dcm at toysrus.uucp
Sun Aug 5 03:06:50 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug3.170532.11038 at ibmpa> jsalter at slo.UUCP (James Salter) writes:

>One of the mysteries of AIXv3.1 is the following:
>
>	To access the alloca() function, you need to add the following
>	line to the beginning of your SOURCE code:
>
>		#pragma alloca
>
>	This will make the alloca() routine available for use.

	Jim, you sound like this is cruel & unusual.  I personally think
	if you use alloca, you get what you deserve (unportable code).

	But we should discourage it.  And the compiler usually needs to
	help anyway...  I don't consider #pragma alloca cruel or unusual
	at all.  Let's make people think about it before they use it
	(heck, C went ~15 years without it anyway).

		Craig
		"we don't need no stinking fsck on our filesystem"
		"jfs = jeff's filesystem"
--------
	Craig Miller, contractor @ IBM AWD, Austin
	UUCP: ..!uunet!cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!auschs!toysrus.austin.ibm.com!dcm
	"Bo knows uucp."