Problem with missing CR/LF's after updating to 90.22

Gary M. Lin skidrow at ceres.ucsc.edu
Tue Aug 21 09:02:09 AEST 1990

	Our system administrator recently upgraded the RS/6000
	with 90.22, which introduced a new problem: on login
	AIX doesn't print a carriage return at end of line.
	Everything else seems OK, and no one modified any of
	the system files relating to terminfo, etc.

	So my display looks like this:

	what
					mess!!

	Tweaking with stty does _not_ seem to fix it.  But I
	notice processes associated with pty's don't have this
	glitch.  Only login shells (on the console and the
	XStation) do this.  Really confused by all this!!

					Gary M. Lin
					(SC)3, Computer Engineering
					UC Santa Cruz

	!ucbvax!ucscc!ceres!skidrow