Problem with missing CR/LF's after updating to 90.22

dcm dcm at toysrus.uucp
Wed Aug 22 04:53:19 AEST 1990

In article <skidrow.651193329 at ceres> skidrow at ceres.ucsc.edu (Gary M. Lin) writes:

>	Our system administrator recently upgraded the RS/6000
>	with 90.22, which introduced a new problem: on login
>	AIX doesn't print a carriage return at end of line.
>
>	So my display looks like this:
>
>	what
>					mess!!
>
>	Tweaking with stty does _not_ seem to fix it.  But I
>
>					Gary M. Lin

Gary,

	Any chance that you're running tset when you login?

	Tset has been known to turn opost off (by accident) on AIXV3.
	If this is the problem "stty opost" or "stty sane" should
	restore the modes back to something pseudo-normal.

	"To be fixed in a future release." (being worked on even as
	I type)

		Craig Miller, IBM Austin
--------
	Craig Miller, contractor @ IBM AWD, Austin  (I don't speak for IBM)
	UUCP: ..!uunet!cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!auschs!toysrus.austin.ibm.com!dcm

	"Just because it works doesn't means it's right, stupid!"
	"You should never install code you do not understand."
	"If you knowningly install broken code, you should be shot.  Period."
	"Programmers have to be accountable for their code."