nits (gethostbyaddr(), alloca())

Steve DeJarnett steve at qe2.awdpa.ibm.com
Fri Aug 24 15:01:06 AEST 1990

In article <LANGLEY.90Aug23192919 at ds16.scri.fsu.edu> langley at ds16.scri.fsu.edu (Randolph Langley) writes:
>Also, when I compiled gnuemacs for the 6000, I couldn't find alloca()
>in either libc.a or libbsd.a, though the manual page indicated it
>was in one or the other. Used the one in the distrib, and gnuemacs
>seems to be going fine. (Thanks to the folks who put the stuff at byron!)

	One more time....  alloca is defined by placing a

#pragma alloca

in the source file.  This is per ANSI C, I believe.  However, if the GNU
version works for you, great.

>rdl

	Hope that helps someone else who may be about to build EMACS.

	Steve

Steve DeJarnett			Internet: steve at ibminet.awdpa.ibm.com
IBM AWD Palo Alto		UUCP:	  uunet!ibminet.awdpa.ibm.com!steve
(415) 855-3510			IBM VNET: dejarnet at ausvmq
These opinions are my own.  I doubt IBM wants them.......