nits (gethostbyaddr(), alloca())

Randolph Langley langley at ds16.scri.fsu.edu
Fri Aug 24 09:29:19 AEST 1990

I seem to be getting garbage in the first portion of the host address
returned by gethostbyaddr(). I compiled the gethostnamaddr.c code in
the bind.4.8 distribution, and am using that instead. Works fine.

Also, when I compiled gnuemacs for the 6000, I couldn't find alloca()
in either libc.a or libbsd.a, though the manual page indicated it
was in one or the other. Used the one in the distrib, and gnuemacs
seems to be going fine. (Thanks to the folks who put the stuff at byron!)

Now for a real nit - I think the accepted spelling is "runnable", not
"runable", as /usr/ucb/w is printing.

rdl