Sendmail problems on RS/6000 (+ othe UUCP stuff)

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Fri Aug 17 05:13:28 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug14.044632.13957 at edm.uucp> geoff at edm.uucp (Geoff Coleman) writes:
>From article <1990Aug12.223057.18818 at turnkey.tcc.com>, by jackv at turnkey.tcc.com (Jack F. Vogel):
>> In article <1990Aug12.031309.15691 at maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> proot at ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Paul T. Root) writes:
>>>When uucp mail is received it gets upset that there is no @ in the path.

>	I to saw the same problem when I first installed the OS in our
>6000. The message is a no @ in the SMTP address error. Seeing as the path
>given to mail was machine!user I didn't expect to see an @. I played around
>with the cf file with no luck so I took the easy way out and put smail 3.1
>on the box.

Paul and I have subsequently exchanged email over this problem. The real
problem is that somehow a normal uucp style address is resolving to the
tcp mailer. SMTP has every right to complain about a uucp style address.
What I couldn't determine with what Paul gave me was why these addresses
were getting sent to the tcp mailer, but careful tracing through the
rulesets should show that.  I am still convinced its just a configuration
problem, not a broken sendmail.

Disclaimer: I don't speak for LCC or IBM.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM