X11 Version 4 on AIX 2.2.1 RT

Ed Clarke/10240000 clarke at acheron.uucp
Thu Aug 2 11:46:41 AEST 1990

>From article <1777 at peyote.cactus.org>, by woan at peyote.cactus.org (Ronald S. Woan):
> If you had been reading this group or comp.windows.x for a while, you should
> know that there is no working X11R4 server for AIX 2.2.1/RT. There should
> be an addendum file on the distribution somewhere stating this. Evidently,
> IBM chose not to give MIT a sample server...

They did give MIT a sample server; it just doesn't work.  All the pieces are
there - for the megapel version at least.  I'm in the process of re-compiling
at the current patch level (via make World) right now.

Making the sample work can't be as difficult as implementing a server from
scratch ( I hope ).  I've already found a few obvious mistakes in some of
the megapel/hft code.
--
               | "Pain, n.  An uncomfortable frame of mind that may have
Ed Clarke      |  a physical basis in something that is being done to the
acheron!clarke |  body, or may be purely mental, caused by the good fortune