X11 Version 4 on AIX 2.2.1 RT

Ronald S. Woan woan at peyote.cactus.org
Wed Aug 1 12:06:36 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul31.014354.26121 at acheron.uucp>, clarke at acheron.uucp (Ed Clarke/10240000) writes:
> Has anyone REALLY compiled and run the R4 code under AIX?  The
> APA16 code doesn't compile and the megapel doesn't work for me.
> Is anyone interested in getting this to work?

If you had been reading this group or comp.windows.x for a while, you should
know that there is no working X11R4 server for AIX 2.2.1/RT. There should
be an addendum file on the distribution somewhere stating this. Evidently,
IBM chose not to give MIT a sample server... Anyway, the libraries all
compile fine, as do clients that do not rely on server extensions.

							Ron
+ Ronald S. Woan                                     woan at peyote.cactus.org +
+ If nothing else works                              woan at soda.berkeley.edu +