Panic crsah after putting 1.2 on a PS/2

Robertson John MAJ aj4640 at dean1.usma.edu
Sat Aug 25 14:45:25 AEST 1990

This could well be old news, but I'd appreciate some advice...
I just installed AIX v1.2 on my PS/2 Model 70.  After the base system was
installed, I rebooted as per instructions and got a panic crash with
message indicating that an memory parity error occured.

Needless to say, I got out the old reference disk and ran through the
diganostic checks--everything is OK.  The machine has been in use for a year
running both DOS and OS/2 with no problems.  THe hard drive was cleaned out
before AIX installation.  Typically, no help seems to be at hand from the user
manuals.  Any thoughts?

Jack Robertson
aj4640 at dean1.acd.usma.edu