changing the console; alloca missing from 9021?

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Mon Aug 6 04:19:53 AEST 1990

>	But we should discourage it.  And the compiler usually needs to
>	help anyway...  I don't consider #pragma alloca cruel or unusual
>	at all.  Let's make people think about it before they use it
>	(heck, C went ~15 years without it anyway).

Yes, but Sun (for SPARC) and, I think, MIPS hide the help they give the
compiler (a #define, rather than a #pragma, in Sun's case) in an include
file <alloca.h>; if they both do so, it might be wise for IBM to get
with the program, the fact that "alloca()" is non-portable and probably
shouldn't be used nonwithstanding....