Incomplete C librarys in AIX 3.1?

Marc J. Stephenson/140000;1C-22 marc at stingray.austin.ibm.com
Wed Aug 29 03:31:39 AEST 1990

In article <EOSHOUGH.90Aug26104123 at dante.nmsu.edu> eoshough at nmsu.edu (Erik OShoughnessy) writes:

>While trying to compile some public domain software on our
>loaner RS6000 thing, the compiler rudely informed me that
>the software was asking for a C header file that didn't
>exist.  The offending header file is <sys/types.h>.  Is it
>not supposed to be there, or is our installation lacking?
>
>Erik O'Shaughnessy
>Small Systems
>New Mexico State University

<sys/types.h> and most other include files is packaged in
bosadt in the bosadt.lib.obj option.  This must be installed
in order to get your include files.  Run lslpp -l | grep bosadt.lib
and see if it shows up; if not, get someone to install it.

--
Marc Stephenson (marc at stingray.austin.ibm.com)
DISCLAIMER: The content of this posting is independent of official IBM position.