Incomplete C librarys in AIX 3.1?

Mark Brown mbrown at tonic.osf.org
Mon Aug 27 05:08:58 AEST 1990

eoshough at nmsu.edu (Erik OShoughnessy) writes:

|> While trying to compile some public domain software on our
|> loaner RS6000 thing, the compiler rudely informed me that
|> the software was asking for a C header file that didn't
|> exist.  The offending header file is <sys/types.h>.  Is it
|> not supposed to be there, or is our installation lacking?
|> If its the latter, could some kind soul please mail me the
|> file! Please!
|> Erik O'Shaughnessy

sys/types.h should most definitely be there, one shouldn't leave home
without it...is the file actuallly *missing*, or are you saying that the
file is there, and the error is bogus?

Mark Brown   IBM AWD / OSF  |"How do I explain to clients that society believes
The Good     mbrown at osf.org |buying a (rock of crack) is three or four times
The Bad     uunet!osf!mbrown|as bad as raping a woman?" --Robert Jakovitch,
The Ugly     (617) 621-8981 |Broward [FL] Asst. Public Defender [AP 12/7/90]