gnu emacs 18.55 info & dabbrev broken under AIX 1.2?

Ben Fried ben at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Fri Aug 31 05:35:33 AEST 1990

This is: emacs 18.55; m-ibmps2-aix.h; s-usg5-2-2.h; PURESIZE=150000.

I just noticed that under AIX PS/2 1.2, dynamic abbreviations, info,
find-tags, and a few other things seem to not work.

Info gives me the message "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil".

Dynamic abbreviations never work - they always give the message 'No
dynamic expansion for "<whatever>" found', even when there obviously is
an expansion for it.

Find-tag never seems to find tags, either.

My guess is that there's some problem with byte or word size or
something similar going on here.

Has anyone else seen this?  Did I do something really stupid configuring
it?  It was compiled with the 1.1 C compiler, CFLAGS=-g -Demacs;
LDFLAGS= -T0x00400000 -K -e start.

Ben
--
Benjamin Fried