AIX 1.2 1005 with DOS Merge--error msg when switching screens

Ben Fried ben at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Thu Aug 30 03:43:31 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug28.163807.20712 at athena.mit.edu> Steve Dyer writes:

  > After applying the 1005 patches, typing "open dos" and switching
  > between HFT screens causes the kernel error message
  >
  > 	Warning Switch list Corruption
  >
  > to be printed on the console.  Switching between HFTs without
  > running DOS doesn't cause this problem to occur.  Has anyone
  > else seen this?  Can people at Locus comment on the problem?
  > Can it be ignored?

We had the same problem with this update; after phoning it in to IBM,
the response we got back was to use the key sequence to turn off console
messages (left ctrl,left alt, right-shift, then hit 2, then return), and
that there's going to be a major set of fixes shipped "around the end of
August" (we got 1005 several weeks ago) that would fix this.

Turning off console messages turns off _all_ console messages, though,
which is not necessarily a good thing - it seems like a primitive
workaround.

I'm really looking forward to the next 19-disk update :-(.

  > Steve Dyer
  > dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka ...!{harvard,linus,ima,m2c,rayssd}!spdcc!dyer
  > dyer at arktouros.mit.edu, dyer at hstbme.mit.edu

Ben