Xstation bootup problem - need help

Mike Cuddy mcuddy at rutabaga.Rational.COM
Sat Aug 25 03:24:53 AEST 1990

> ... problems booting xstation ...

We have 2 of the awful beasties here and I have to say that they are the
most difficult, X terminals around to setup... mostly because they are
_Very_ poorly documented.

One thing that I finally found our from our techno-droid inside big blue is
that you MUST have SQE on your thick ethernet for the X station to boot.

If you are getting the '8803' ethernet error, this is probably the cause.

And now a question:  I'm getting the error can't read configuration file.
I assume that this is a TFTP permissions problem, but it only happens on
one of the two XStations...

--Mike Cuddy
"...He's a UNIX hack and he's okay, he works all night and he sleeps all day..."

Ps: once you do get them set up, watch out for crashes.  they are as stable
as those nice people we put in jackets with size 86 sleeves ;-)