Miscellaneous questions - RS6000

Dewey Paciaffi eddjp at edi386.UUCP
Tue Dec 11 01:36:42 AEST 1990

In article <4585 at idunno.Princeton.EDU> ijlustig at phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Irvin Lustig) writes:
>We've been using our 530 for a few months now.  I believe that we
>have Version 3.1 (release 3001??) of AIX.  Some oddities that we've
>noticed...
-1) Occasionally, a user will log out from the machine, but who and
-   finger show the user as still logged in.  finger will show the
-   user as being idle for many many days (sometimes 300 days!).  Then
-   at some later arbitrary time, the user disappears.  Has anyone else
-   seen this?

Yes,  I've seen this and no longer trust the output of 'w', 'who', and
'last'. Something is screwy in AIX's perception of who's logged in and
who isn't.

--
Dewey Paciaffi           ...!uunet!edi386!eddjp