NFS and microEmacs

flatau flatau at handel.CS.ColoState.Edu
Fri Dec 21 15:17:37 AEST 1990

Two questions:

1.
Problem:
We are NFS-mounting several file systems between 3 IBM RISC6000/320.
(say,  LATEX/TEX software is on one computer, Emacs on another, and SuperMongo
on yet another). Whenever one of the machines goes down
another ones are almost unuseable. E.g. "ps", "df" commands stop
working, some executables stop working, etc. XINIT
doesn't work (or works very slowly).
Attempt to dissmount NFS link fails (using SMIT).
Re-booting helps but it is slightly drastic solution.

2.
Could somebody comment on microEmacs (and NOT Emacs)
implementation on AIX3.1 ? I tried microEmacs3.10 (and 3.10e).
I was able to compile 3.10e with some changes to newunix.c
But, when executing, I am getting error related to missing
termcap.

Info:
My IBM tech rep set "cmon" monitor on our RISC6000s
It has 6 displays - io, pageing, cpu (two versions). Nice.

Peter