AIX PS/2 modem configuration

Tapio Lehtonen lehtonen at cs.Helsinki.FI
Thu Dec 6 11:26:49 AEST 1990

I keep getting modem commands even in the X.25 line. This makes
logging in and initiating the session difficult. The commands are those
Hayes commands used to initialize a modem for auto-answer and some
others. How should I configure the line so that all programs involved
believe it is not a modem line? CLOCAL + or - doesn't seem to affect
anything.

Related to previous: I would like to get my auto answer modem to
answer on the 3rd call. I found out there is a CHAT -string that
when written to /etc/ports can be used to send modem commands. This
works, but after CHAT getty (probably getty?) send its own modem
commands as before.

Local IBM reps claim that these problems do not exist. I would be
grateful if someone:
1. would confirm that indeed AIX PS/2 sends modem commands allways
2: would know what to do.

--
Tapio Lehtonen                        PHONE + 358 0 7084206
Dept. Comp. Sci., Univ. of Helsinki   TELEX 122785 TSK SF  FAX 708 4441