pcsim install difficulties

Paul Lindner lindner at cs.umn.edu
Tue Dec 4 12:36:52 AEST 1990

In <10148 at bunny.GTE.COM> hhd0 at GTE.COM (Horace Dediu) writes:

>	pcsim -Adiskette 3 -Cdrive [filename]
>I tried both with no success, getting the following every time:
>ERROR: NLS message catalog missing.
>ERROR: NLS message catalog missing. -A

>ERROR: NLS message catalog missing.

Aha, sounds like another case of the Stupid LANG variable.
I had this problem when my LANG variable was set to "C".  Change it
En_US and it should work.  It seems that IBM left out the pcsim
messages from the C language database.  I'm not sure whether or not
pcsim works with other languages either.

--
Paul Lindner, Univ. of MN   \ Microcomputer /  Pauls Law: You can't
IT Sun dude, & UofM ACM pres \ Workstation / fall off the floor.