tput command in AIX

Paul Maclauchlan paul at moore.com
Thu Dec 13 07:30:17 AEST 1990

I'm posting this for a friend, please reply directly to him.

Does anyone know why the tput command doesn't support line and column
arguments when using the "cup" capability, ie:

               tput cup 5 10

should move the cursor to line 5, column 10.  Instead you get the error

               tput: usage: "tput [-Tterm] capname"

I would have thought that this was an unsupported feature, except that the
version of tput on SunOS 4.1 that we have here works fine (/usr/5bin/tput).
The usage message on the sun even reflects this:

sun1# /usr/5bin/tput
usage: "/usr/5bin/tput [-T term] capname [tparm argument...]"

It is easiest for me if you respond to the news group, or if you prefer you
can reply through paul.

Thanks in advance,

Scott McCambly                                (...!moore!bragrt!bragotrt!scott)
The Braegen Group						Ottawa, Ontario
(613)235-9364                                                        Canada

--
.../Paul Maclauchlan
Moore Corporation Limited, Toronto, Ontario (416) 364-2600