Need help with elm 2.3 pl9 for the Risc-6000 (AIX3.1)

Tim Fredrick fredrick at acd.ucar.edu
Sat Dec 22 03:05:55 AEST 1990

I compiled elm2.3pl9 on the IBM Risc-System 6000 using the cc compiler
under AIX3.1.  When I try to run elm, I get the following message

    elm -z
    Failed trying to initialize your terminal entry:  unknown return code -3

Has anyone successfully ported elm2.3 to the IBM Risc-System 6000?  If so,
what did you change to avoid this problem?  Does anyone else have any
insight?

Tim Fredrick             National Center for Atmospheric Research
                         Atmospheric Chemistry Division
fredrick at ncar.ucar.edu   PO Box 3000
fredrick at ncar.CSNET      Boulder, CO 80307