AIX 3.1 /RS6000 setpri() missing?

Russell A. Heise RAH at IBM.COM
Sat Dec 15 08:29:55 AEST 1990

 bill at ibmpcug.co.uk (Bill Birch) writes:

 > How can one set the priority of a process to a fixed number? I tried to use
 > the function mentioned in the book, but neither the include
 > file existsnor the setpri() symbol . I looked with nm * in all the right
 > directories.

 I found the include file as /usr/include/sys/sched.h and the symbol in
 /lib/libc.a.  I assume that you have the Application Development Toolkit
 installed.  You can use 'lslpp -h' and look for the line "bosadt.lib.obj".
 You might also check with your local IBM rep that you have the latest
 updates installed.

Russ Heise, AIX Technical Support, IBM