MAXPROCS in AIX 3.1 - or other limit

Frank Cannavale III/1024000 frank at ulticorp.UUCP
Wed Dec 5 01:06:39 AEST 1990

In article <659 at chevpyr.chevron.com> meo at chevron.com  (Mike E. Osborne) writes:
>Anyone out there know where to find the max number of processes
>per user (MAXPROCS in other AIX versions) in AIX 3.1 ?

Yes, maxuproc is configured into the 'system' device sys0.

>We seem to hit a limit of about 40 processes for users other than
>root and don't seem able to find any place to fix it.

Enter, at superuser level, lsattr -H -E -l sys0 to display
parameters and values

>(40 is a small number for X applications)

maxuproc default is 40...

>((yes we have looked in info, tried various limits, SMIT, etc.))

Funny, it's not there. I checked too. However, the documentation
for lsattr is available, just nothing much on sys0.

Use chdev to change the parameters. For example:
chdev -l sys0 -a maxuproc=NNN    You know what to do for NNN :)

Obviously, you can do this (lsattr & chdev) to all devices.
--
Frank Cannavale III !uunet!ulticorp!frank   The Ultimate Corp, E.  Hanover, NJ
"The Social Democratic government on Friday began dismantling the welfare state