What is the latest X version on ps2 ?

Richard L. Pettit Jr. richp at romulus.la.locus.com
Thu Dec 6 02:26:09 AEST 1990

In article <5197 at spdcc.SPDCC.COM> dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com (Steve Dyer) writes:
>Speaking of which, what is the "XsightExtension"?  Also, we are running

Xsight is the name of the commercial X product sold by Locus.  You'll also
see it on SCO Open Desktop.  The PC version is called (could you guess?)
PC-Xsight.  The existence of XsightExtension in the AIX server hints at
involvement by Locus in the development of the X product.

>the MIT X11R4 server in preference to the IBM server, and things are working
>well, but when someone starts DOS in an X-window, there are problems
>opening the "dos6x13" font even though we have it (in a native X11R4 snf
>format).  Is there anything that DOS Merge is doing which would cause a
>font lookup to fail??

This is a "we don't support it yet" but if you send me the details of how
to reproduce it, I'll give it a shot.  I just ran the R4 server and brought
up dos with no problem, but I'm running a really odd software configuration.

>--
>Steve Dyer
>dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer
>dyer at arktouros.mit.edu, dyer at hstbme.mit.edu

DISCLAIMER: See .signature

Rich
----
              Richard Pettit                       Locus Computing Corp.
                                richp at locus.com
        "Opinions expressed herein are of the author, not (LCC or IBM)"