Using info from AIX PS/2

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Tue Jul 24 02:50:46 AEST 1990

I am running X on my AIX PS/2 system, to access "info" on my RS/6000.
Something MUST be broken...the system is INCREDIBLY slow.  When I bring up
a "Compound Search" window, and enter search words, the system takes about
4 seconds per character to echo my entry.

The 6000 has 32 Meg of memory; the PS/2 has 8 meg; the machines are connected
via a 16Mbit token-ring with little other traffic. I am the only user on
both machines.

What do I need to check in my configurations?  Should I blame the 6000,
the ring, or the PS/2 (or myself)?  Would an IBM X terminal run
an order of magnitude faster? (I'm not willing to pay for the terminal unless
this is going to run a h*ll of a lot faster.  In fact, if this doesn't run a
lot faster, I'm going to return X as "not acceptable.")
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

"Don't hold your finger on the button if the motor ain't goin' roundy-roundy."