System/6000 questions.

drake at drake.almaden.ibm.com drake at drake.almaden.ibm.com
Mon Jul 9 03:30:08 AEST 1990

In article <9711 at cs.utexas.edu> harley at cs.utexas.edu (Harley Hahn) writes:

>You DO NOT need a CD-ROM for the hypertext database.  If you have one,
>you can use it (and save disk storage).  If not, the data will be kept
>on your hard disk (this is what most people will do).

I'd like to thank Mr. Hahn for his clear and accurate post.  One
clarification, however:  the CD-ROM version of the hypertext
documentation includes manuals and information that are not present on
the magnetic-media version.  While I agree that the magnetic version is
sufficient for most purposes, the CD-ROM version does add significant
value to the system.  For example, the CD-ROM version of the database
contains hardware reference manuals that are not in the magnetic
version; I understand that many figures (graphics) that are in the
version are omitted in the magnetic version as well.

Opinions are my own!

Sam Drake / IBM Almaden Research Center
Internet:  drake at ibm.com            BITNET:  DRAKE at ALMADEN
Usenet:    ...!uunet!ibmarc!drake   Phone:   (408) 927-1861