Info Explorer on RS/6000 (AIX ver. 3.2)

Steven Furber steven at m2xenix.psg.com
Wed Jul 18 02:43:29 AEST 1990

>from: steven at m2xenix.psg.com (Steven Furber)

Both RS/6000's at work are running on identical operating systems and
hardware platforms.  We are using VT100, Altos3, MT-15, and ANSI
terminals.  So far we have been unable to get InfoExplorer to work on
any of these terminals.  Info sends the screen writes but it all looks
like so much garbage.  We borrowed an IBM3151 for a few weeks and Info
worked 'flawlessly'.  Since we are told to consult Info Explorer to fix
the problem we're up against a brick wall.  If anyone has Info working
on non-IBM and/or non-X terminals any information would be appreciated.

We are also having trouble with RM Cobol in regards to screen writes.
Any information on patches so that RM Cobol works correctly with
terminals would also be appreciated.

Have anyone compiled rz/sz on the RS/6000, yet?  If so, a diff or what
you did would be appreciated.

Until we can access the online documentation we are at a loss.  It's a
shame that this Info Explorer tool does not work on non-IBM and non-X
terminals.  Those of us that are ANSI and ASCII terminal bound can
hardly use the machine.....

[The above opinions are not necessarily those of my employer and fellow
workers.  They are mine.  Human operator error is quite possible.]