Info Explorer on RS/6000 (AIX ver. 3.2)

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Fri Jul 20 05:42:38 AEST 1990

steven at m2xenix.psg.com (Steven Furber) writes:

>>from: steven at m2xenix.psg.com (Steven Furber)

>Both RS/6000's at work are running on identical operating systems and
>hardware platforms.  We are using VT100, Altos3, MT-15, and ANSI
>terminals.  So far we have been unable to get InfoExplorer to work on
>any of these terminals.  Info sends the screen writes but it all looks
>like so much garbage.  We borrowed an IBM3151 for a few weeks and Info
>worked 'flawlessly'.  Since we are told to consult Info Explorer to fix
>the problem we're up against a brick wall.  If anyone has Info working
>on non-IBM and/or non-X terminals any information would be appreciated.

I just ran Kermit in VT100 emulation mode and dialed-up my 6000.  "info"
runs correctly.  The only anomaly I observe is that my kermit does not
do vt100 line-mode graphics, so my boxes are made from x's and q's instead
of vertical and horizontal lines.  Info tells me that it is version "1.1.0".
We are running on the "golden" code for AIX 3 (i.e. the Generally Available
O/S).
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

"Don't hold your finger on the button if the motor ain't goin' roundy-roundy."