Info Explorer on RS/6000 (AIX ver. 3.2)

Russell A. Heise RAH at IBM.COM
Mon Jul 23 23:53:52 AEST 1990

 steven at m2xenix.psg.com (Steven Furber) writes:

 > Both RS/6000's at work are running on identical operating systems and
 > hardware platforms.  We are using VT100, Altos3, MT-15, and ANSI
 > terminals.  So far we have been unable to get InfoExplorer to work on
 > any of these terminals.  Info sends the screen writes but it all looks
 > like so much garbage.  We borrowed an IBM3151 for a few weeks and Info
 > worked 'flawlessly'.  Since we are told to consult Info Explorer to fix
 > the problem we're up against a brick wall.  If anyone has Info working
 > on non-IBM and/or non-X terminals any information would be appreciated.
 Perhaps you have not set the TERM variable *and* exported it for info to
 read.  To use info, I do the following:
     - log into the RISC/6000
     - set my TERM variable and export it with:
          TERM=vt100;export TERM
     - use info
 I have had no trouble using VT-100 terminals and VT-100 terminal
 emulators with info.

Russ Heise, AIX Technical Support, IBM