cpp defines for AIX 3.1 RS/6000

David St. Pierre david at PacBell.COM
Sat Jul 21 11:43:15 AEST 1990

Anyone know what pre-defined symbols cpp understands for the RS/6000?
I'm trying to port ntp and (apparently) need to conditionalize some
of the include files and macro definitions.

Out of curiosity, is it going to be normal practice to make things
like "hz" (sys/m_param.h) macro definitions instead of variables?
I thought that standard practice was to use upper-case.

(I think that when I tried to compile ksh a few AIX releases ago,
I also saw the opposite - a ksh macro (FLOAT) was a typedef.
That seems to have gone away at least.)
--
David St. Pierre 415/823-6800	{att,bellcore,sun,ames,decwrl}!pacbell!david