X11R4 ported to RS/6000?

Paul Maclauchlan paul at moore.com
Thu Jul 5 11:09:33 AEST 1990

I'm posting this for a friend, please respond directly to him. Thanks.

Has anyone out there attempted or perhaps already been successful in porting
the X11R4 Server code to the RISC System/6000?

It didn't sound like people were having too much luck getting it running on
the RT, but I'm hoping the RISC System/6000 doesn't have the same limitations.

We have a model 320 running 9013S5, although I will be re-installing with
9021 any day now.  The copy of X11R4 we have is from a very recent Uunet tape
distribution so I'm assuming it has all of the recent patches.

Please mail directly to me and I'll summarize.

Scott McCambly			phone:	613-235-9364
The Braegen Group Inc.		fax  :	613-235-3193
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada		email:	uunet!moore!bragrt!bragotrt!scott

.../Paul Maclauchlan
Moore Corporation Limited, Toronto, Ontario (416) 364-2600
paul at moore.com    -or-    {...!uunet,...!telly}!moore!paul
"I thought it but I kept it hid"/EJ&BT'83