button, button - who's got the button?

Charles Clark clark%hogum.utah.edu at cs.utah.edu
Wed Jul 18 06:36:15 AEST 1990

Well... I just installed AIX v1.2 (including X Windows) on my ps/2 70-121.
After porting a few favourite X programs, I realized that the middle button
on my Mouse Systems optical mouse (ever used a Sun workstation? ... they
use the same mouse) was not being recognized.  I fired up xev... sure
enough, when I press the middle button nothing happens; when I press the
right/left button chord a middle button event is reported.

So... the question of the day is: what do I need to do to get middle button
events to be recognized, and reported, by the X server?

Thanks...

	--Charles (clark at cs.utah.edu)