HOw to log off a Rs/6000 under X windows.

Russell A. Heise RAH at IBM.COM
Mon Jul 23 23:49:59 AEST 1990

 From: ldm at texhrc.UUCP (Lyle Meier)

 > We have just recieved a Rs/6000. When one logs on and starts X windows,
 > it is not obvious how one can get out of X and log out. The .xinitrc

 To properly log out of AIX when running X-Windows, do the following:
     - Close all your windows.  Usually, typing 'exit' at the AIXterm
       prompt will close the window.
     - Press and hold the "Ctrl" and "Alt" keys and press "Backspace".
       This will kill the X server and take the window manager with it.
       You will return to the virtual terminal prompt from whence you
       entered 'xinit'.
     - Log out from the terminal prompt.

Russ Heise, AIX Technical Support, IBM