Porting from AIX/RT to AIX PS/2.

Mike Jones mjones at aix.aix.kingston.ibm.com
Thu Jul 12 02:54:40 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul10.182257.1528 at ariel.unm.edu>, cs3631bs at hydra.unm.edu
(Peter Blemel) writes:
> I am trying to port C and f77 code to the PS/2 running AIX. The IBM guys
> loaned me one of these boxes, but had no manuals. Worse yet, no one seems
> to know anything about the compilers.
>
> I have been told there is no f77 or cc, just vsfort and vsc. There also seems
> to be no make, which is making my life miserable at best.

You seem to have been loaned an incomplete system. Get in touch with the IBM
guys who loaned it to you and tell them you need to get the "Application
Developer's Toolkit" LPP installed. That has cc, f77 (I think), make, and
any libs you may be missing.

Mike Jones	   | The nature of programming being what it is, there is no
AIX Development	   | relationship between the "size" of the error and the
Kingston, NY	   | problems it causes.
ibmps2!aix!mjones  | 	- Gerald Weinberg
	Any opinions are purely my own.