problem with Korn Shell and at

Peter Mroz mroz at eplrx7.uucp
Thu Jul 19 13:29:50 AEST 1990

I've been having a problem with ksh and at.  I'm using AIX 9013 on an IBM
320 RS/6000.  I execute the shell-script below with the at command:

$ echo "ksh testbug" | at now +1 minute

Here's testbug:
#!/bin/ksh
current_date=$(date | cut -c5-10)
logfile=/u/userid/test.log
job_to_do=/u/userid/something
if [ -r $logfile ]
then
	rm $logfile
fi
print "testbug: running $job_to_do on $(date)" > $logfile
print "current_date = $current_date" >> $logfile

testbug is a piece of a larger shell script but this demonstrates the bug.
The logfile gets owned by root and the group is cron.  This doesn't surprise
me, but is there a way I can be the owner?

The real problem is that the logfile looks like this:

testbug: running /u/userid/something on
current_date =

ie there's no date at the end of either line.

If i run this interactively there's no problem.  Am I doing something wrong
here?  Is this a bug in 9013?  Thanks for any help.
--
    Peter Mroz                    |    E.I. Du Pont de Nemours & Co.
    eplrx7!mroz at uunet.uu.net      |    Consultant, Scicon
--
The UUCP Mailer