Gnu Emacs 18.55 under AIX-PS/2?

Ben Fried ben at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Wed Jul 18 13:46:14 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul17.204037.6255 at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> I write
> I've been having problems getting Emacs 18.55 running under aix-ps/2 1.2...
[...]
> However, when I run the xemacs that I've just created, it just prints
> the message

> Fatal error (11).Memory fault

> So, fine, I ran temacs, loaded up loadup.el by hand, and executed
> (dump-emacs) by hand.  The resulting program does indeed work, but
> periodically it just croaks with the same error message.

> I had gotten emacs to work just fine under a previous version of AIX
> 1.2; has anyone else seen this?  What am I doing wrong?

My config.h had PURESIZE set at around 300000.  I brought it down to
150000, and emacs worked first time out of the box.  The machine in
question has 4meg of ram and 8meg of page space (I realize that's
probably not enough).  My two guesses are that I was either creating an
image too big to run, or I was running into a ulimit problem.  When I
figure it out, I'll post (yet another) followup.

Ben
--
Benjamin Fried
ben at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu				rutgers!columbia!ben