Gnu Emacs 18.55 under AIX-PS/2?

Ben Fried ben at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Wed Jul 18 06:40:37 AEST 1990

I've been having problems getting Emacs 18.55 running under aix-ps/2 1.2
It loads up and dumps itself OK.  I had to stop loading inc-vers.el,
though, which had been causing it to die.  However, when I run the
xemacs that I've just created, it just prints the message

Fatal error (11).Memory fault

So, fine, I ran temacs, loaded up loadup.el by hand, and executed
(dump-emacs) by hand.  The resulting program does indeed work, but
periodically it just croaks with the same error message.

I had gotten emacs to work just fine under a previous version of AIX
1.2; has anyone else seen this?  What am I doing wrong?

Ben
--
Benjamin Fried
ben at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu				rutgers!columbia!ben