AIX has NFS? (Was: Re: AIX 1.2 for PS/2, SendMail/NFS problems)

Undergrad Projects Lab upl at gumby.cs.wisc.edu
Thu Jul 26 07:06:53 AEST 1990

In article <1012 at cameron.egr.duke.edu> amr at dukee.egr.duke.edu (Anthony M. Richardson) writes:

[ ... ]

>I mount a particular directory on another machine over a user directory
>ala,
>
>   mount bigdisk:/home/disk0/amr /u/amr

Hey this implies that AIX has NFS.  I don't have a PS/2 running AIX, I have
an RT running AIX 2.2.1.  I don't seem to have AIX on it, or at least it doesn't
work the way I expect NFS to work.  In any case, for those of you who have AIX
on an RT, I'm interested in getting NFS for my machine.  What do I have to do
to get this?  Is it an upgrade, or is it an extra piece of software that I need
to install, etc!

Thanks, as usual, for all/any help.

- Mark
P.S.	PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not reply to the account from which this was
	posted.  Reply, instead to:
		mark.horn at mail.admin.wisc.edu
	Thanks!