AIX has NFS? (Was: Re: AIX 1.2 for PS/2, SendMail/NFS problems)

Robin D. Wilson/1000000 robin at sabre.austin.ibm.com
Fri Jul 27 00:38:45 AEST 1990

In article <4996 at daffy.cs.wisc.edu> mark.horn at mail.admin.wisc.edu writes:
>Hey this implies that AIX has NFS.  I don't have a PS/2 running AIX, I have
>an RT running AIX 2.2.1. I don't seem to have AIX on it, or at least it doesn't
>work the way I expect NFS to work.  In any case, for those of you who have AIX
>on an RT, I'm interested in getting NFS for my machine.  What do I have to do
>to get this?  Is it an upgrade, or is it an extra piece of software that I need
>to install, etc!

Call your marketing person and tell them you want NFS v1.2 for the
the RT (and AIX v2.2.1).  You will need to update your operating system
to the latest level, (call IBM defect support at 1-800-237-5511 to get
the latest and greatest).  The reason you need to update is because NFS
was upgraded to provide file locking, and some opsys changes had to be
made to account for this.

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|UUCP:     cs.utexas.edu!ibmchs!auschs!sabre.austin.ibm.com!robin             |
|USNail:   701 Canyon Bend Dr.                                                |
|          Pflugerville, TX  78660                                            |
|          Home: (512)251-6889      Work: (512)823-4526                       |