AIX 1.2 Diskette Overload

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Tue Jul 10 23:37:24 AEST 1990

AIX PS/2 V1.2 is even more diskettes than V1.1!

Boot		2
Install		1
Maint		1
Boot copies	2	(required -- according to doc)
Install copy	1	(required -- according to doc)
BOS		16
Gold Update	3
TCP/IP		4
DOS Merge	1	(not counting DOS 3.3 disk)
NFS		2
Ap Dev Tkit EPS 5
Ap Dev Tkt SCCS 1
C		1
C Update	1
Graphics Supt	2
OS Ext BNU	1
OS Ext Adm Supt	3
OS Ext Samp	1
OS Ext Ex Us Sp 3
OS Ext Man Pg	4
OS Ext Sendmail	1
OS Ext Msg Hndl	4
X		5
X Samples	3
Text Formatting	2
ATE		1
DOS Server	1
Learning OS	1
WHIP		2
WHIP Update	2
Latest Updates	8	(Ident. CorSrv U401030)

TOTAL ..........85

Now don't get me wrong -- I LIKE having all these things.
It just seems a little too much to expect me to shuffle (or even just to
store) 85 diskettes.  Oh yes,  speaking of shuffling, don't forget that
the applying the update diskettes means:
   insert disk 1
   insert disk 1, insert disk 2
   insert disk 1, insert disk 2, insert disk 3
   insert disk 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

I will recommend to management that AIX NOT be purchased for additional
PS/2 machines, because it COSTS TOO MUCH (personnel cost) to INSTALL!!!
(Yes, TCF can help ... IF all your machines are close enough to have on
a LAN; not the case for us.)
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

"Don't hold your finger on the button if the motor ain't goin' roundy-roundy."