Where are the C include files hidden

Marc J. Stephenson/140000;1C-22 marc at stingray.austin.ibm.com
Tue Jul 31 23:52:20 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul30.181813.10657 at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> krb at ecoult.ncsu.edu (Ken Barnhouse) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I just got my first RS/6000 in the other day.  I have installed several
>of the preloaded subsets, including the application developement subset.
>But, I still haven't fount the C-include files. In which subset of AIX
>are the C-inlcude files located? Simple question, but I haven't gotten
>an answer from my favoriate tech support guy with IBM.
>
>Help.
>
>Ken Barnhouse, N4VQK			internet: krb at ecoult.ncsu.edu
>Engineering Computer Operations		phone: (919) 737-2458
>North Carolina State University

They are indeed with the application development package (bosadt).  There
are four selectable parts to bosadt (though most people just use "ALL"):
    bosadt.bosadt.obj		Base Application Development Toolkit
    bosadt.xde.obj		basically the xde debugger
    bosadt.prof.obj		profiling support
    bosadt.lib.obj		Base Development Libraries & Include

You need bosadt.lib.obj.

--
Marc Stephenson (marc at stingray.austin.ibm.com)
DISCLAIMER: The content of this posting is independent of official IBM position.