X11R4 ported to RS/6000?

Richard A Johnson raj at pollux.ncgia.ucsb.edu
Sat Jul 14 04:01:44 AEST 1990

I've heard rumors that IBM doesn't intend to move to X11R4 on either the
RS/6000 or the PS/2 (much less on the RT which is a piece of crap and IBM
seems to recognize that since there are rumors they're desupporting it next
year anyway).  Are these rumors (the ones about X11R4, I don't care about
the RTs) true?  Does IBM ever intend to get their act together w.r.t X11?
They still don't have a complete implementation of X11 Rev. anything!  Just
look at their "aixterm" (which they try to pass off as an xterm also).