Changing an AIX's name --- how to do it easily?

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Fri Jun 15 20:07:55 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun14.134905.18716 at maytag.waterloo.edu> giguere at csg.uwaterloo.ca (Eric Giguere) writes:

>However:  under 1.2 chparm doesn't seem to work.  Or at least it doesn't
>on my machine.  I get the errors:

>			   fixnmvtoc: no changes made
>			   /usr/sys/bin/fixhmvtoc /csgaix1 /csgtk20 failed

>So is this a bug in 1.2?

I am not absolutely sure about this, but I believe that this was actually
a reported APAR that someone in support here was working on some time ago
and that was fixed. What this means to you is that some service PTF tape
should have a fixed chparm. If someone out there really wants more info
on the problem email me at Locus and I can get back to you.

Disclaimer: I speak for myself, not LCC or IBM

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM