AIX vs VMS

Keith Bierman - SPD Advanced Languages khb at chiba.Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Mar 30 04:11:14 AEST 1990

In article <18182 at rpp386.cactus.org> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:

   There will never be an operating system running on other than a DEC
   VAX which is very similiar to VMS.  Ever.

How soon we forget. Elxsi did run a thing very similar to VMS. Elxsi
is history, but it proved that VMS or VMS-like system can be built. I
vaguely recall HVX or someone else doing a similar thing...

--
Keith H. Bierman    |*My thoughts are my own. !! kbierman at Eng.Sun.COM
It's Not My Fault   | MTS --Only my work belongs to Sun* kbierman%eng at sun.com