NFS mounts on R6000

Dragos Ruiu dr at myrias.com
Sat Mar 24 06:41:19 AEST 1990

In article <588 at fsu.scri.fsu.edu> hudgens at fsu.scri.fsu.edu (Jim Hudgens) writes:

>  We have a 9005? version of AIX on a loaner R6000 on which we have
>been unable to import NFS filesystems.  We have a server running
>ULTRIX 3.0 and when we try:
>
>    ibm# mount -v nfs dechost:/dechost/a /dechost/a
>    mount: server dechost not responding: RPC: Authentication error;
>	    why = Invalid client credential
>    nfsmnthelp: dechost: 1201-013 Permission denied
>    mount: giving up on:
>	    dechost:/dechost/a
>    1201-013 Permission denied
>
>Tried this as well with a Sun3/60 (exporting to ibm).
>Same general error message.

  We are evaluating an RS6000/520 right now, and I've had no end of
hassles with NFS.

  Just to add another datapoint, we got the identical symptoms above
when we tried to mount filesystems of SunOs3.5 servers. SunOs4.0.3
servers had their filesystems mounted all right. However after you
mount the 4.0.3 filesystems you get an ACL violation whenever you
try to cd to anywhere on that filesystem.

  After I removed root from some of the groups (so that root was in <8
groups) the 3.5 filesystems were mountable. But now we get:

NFS ACL operations not supported on server xxx: RPC: Program unavailable

  ...whenever we try to cd into the filesystem. You can read files
and get directory listings okay however.

  The local IBM people do not understand unix very well, so esoteric
bugs such as this are really beyond them.
--
Dragos Ruiu          What do you get when you cross a grape with an elephant ?
myrias!dr                        Grape Elephant Sine Theta