Problems sharing adapters in an 8232-1

David Nessl, Univ. of Fla. -- NERDC DAVID at NERVM.BITNET
Thu Mar 29 04:34:53 AEST 1990

Has anyone had problems sharing an 8232-1 between AIX/370 and VM
TCP/IP.  Each one gets one ethernet adapter.  About half the time,
several minutes after I shutdown AIX/370, the 8232 stops passing
packets to VM TCP/IP on the other adapter.  There's no problem when VM
TCP/IP is used on both adapters.  I've reported this problem to IBM,
but they can't duplicate it, so they asked me to see if anyone else
had seen this problem.  (I think I remember someone mentioning this on
IBMTCP-L.)  Please e-mail or call me if you've seen this problem.
Thanks.  -david

David Nessl, systems programmer & postmaster
BITNET:    david at nervm                |Northeast Regional Data Center
Internet:  david at nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu  |233 SSRB, University of Florida
Voice:     904 392 4601               |Gainesville, FL 32611    USA