Clearing up some confusion.

Daniel Ehrlich ehrlich at cs.psu.edu
Thu Mar 1 09:21:15 AEST 1990

In a recent posting I made the statement:

"BTW - AIX v 2.2.1 is closer to BSD than they `new and improved' AIX V3."

First, let me state unequivocally that this statement is blatantly false.
AIX V2.2.1 is NOT anywhere near BSD.  I had intened to say that AIX/370 and
the AIX on the PS/2 is closer to BSD than they `new and improved' AIX V3.'
AIX V3 has many BSD-like features, but being an `early test' release it is
not as robust as AIX/370 or AIX/PS2.

Please forgive my transgression.  I am scheduled to receive twenty lashes at
sunrise tomorrow for not proof reading my postings for acurracy (spelling
doesn't count in the USA :-).
--
Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich at cs.psu.edu>
Voice: +1 814 863 1142	FAX: +1 814 865 3176