AIX software upgrades for RS/6000

H. David Bonnett bonnett at umd5.umd.edu
Thu Mar 15 11:34:34 AEST 1990

When I received my seed RS/6000 it came preloaded with 8943I (yeah I).  My
IBM rep has been telling me that a newer release will be here Real Soon Now,
but, somehow, I wonder.  Now I see lots of references to 9005.  Is there
anyone out here (there) who can tell me how to get this before the machine
is obsolete?  My current release is unable to deal with the net for more than
ten minutes at a time....

As far as impressions, I love the hardware in general, and don't feel qualified
to judge the software from the stuff I have.

Thanks for any guidance,
-dave bonnett; Instructional Computing Progs, U. of Maryland-