ar, lorder & tsort

James Salter jsalter at slo.uucp
Thu Mar 15 05:04:57 AEST 1990

In article <2394 at csm9a.UUCP> jkcohen at csm9a.UUCP ( Math/CWP) writes:
>Question about PS/2 AIX, v1.1:
>
>I read the 2nd sentence of DESCRIPTION on ar man page to say that
>ranlib isn't needed.  Indeed, ranlib is *not* in the distribution.
>What muddies the water for me is that the lorder and tsort man pages
>say that the old lorder|tsort methodology *should* be used.
>
>So do I just "ar" or do I "lorder|tsort|ar" ?

Neither.  You type:

	ar qv <libname> `lorder <files> | tsort`

It should be relatively simple to create a shell script which would take
an existing archive and make sure it's in the correct order using lorder
and tsort, also.

>Jack K. Cohen
>jkc at dix.mines.colorado.edu

jim/jsalter   IBM AWD   T465/(415)855-4427    VNET: JSALTER at PALOALTO
UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter               Disc: Any opinions are mine.
IP: ibmsupt!jsalter at uunet.uu.net                 "PS/2 it, or DIE!"