AIX V3.1 (RS/6000) linker problems

Bjorn Engsig bengsig at oracle.nl
Wed Oct 31 00:43:04 AEST 1990

Article <1990Oct25.024421.7418 at onecom> by john at baldur.uucp (John Brinegar) says:

|I have been having problems with the linker under AIX V3.1 (RS/6000).  It
|seems that when linking a large executable (many libraries), the linker
|eats up all paging space and the bind is killed by signal 9.
Frequent readers of this group will know that the linker on AIX 3.1 is using
extreme amount of paging space.  It also does much more for you than other
Unix linkers, like solving all references at once by having a complete symbol
table of all libraries.
Bjorn Engsig,         E-mail: bengsig at oracle.com, bengsig at oracle.nl
ORACLE Corporation    From IBM: auschs!ibmchs!cs.utexas.edu!uunet!oracle!bengsig

            "Stepping in others footsteps, doesn't bring you ahead"